Thursday, December 13, 2007

Tiny meme.

I've been tagged for another meme. A short one this time, so fear not, gentle readers! This is from ...oops... I don't know her name. I hope this doesn't make me seem rude. She's a lovely girl who comments as precious_1 , but I'm guessing that wasn't what she was named at birth, unless her parents were very sugary sweet and doting. Then again, it may surprise some of you to know that Frogdancer isn't my actual realio-trulio name either.

Anyway, here is the meme:

4 Short Questions.

1. What did you accomplish this past week?
I learned how to use a sewing machine.
3 days later I sewed and finished the top of a double-sized patchwork quilt.
I finished student manager remarks on reports DAYS earlier than they were due.
I finally finished the first trilogy in the list of books by Sara Douglass that I want to read.
Helped Connor set up his new photo blog. (All will be revealed soon...)

2. Did anything not go as expected?
The tasteless apricot cheesecake I told you all about yesterday is the first thing that springs to mind. Let's leave it there, shall we? I might get crushed and sad again...

3. What was the highlight of your week?
Making the top of my first ever quilt top and having it all work out and look fantastic. Seeing Brennan in his end of year music concert up on stage playing his guitar in a band was a close second.

4. Did anything exciting happen that you didn't expect?
Lots of little things happen every day like that. That's why I love my life so much. The trouble is... they're small and fun, but I can't think of any at the moment. I enjoyed them all at the time, though. (Does this make me sound like a nuff-nuff?)
Hang on! I've just remembered one! I was sitting having a chat with some fellow staff members at Scott's place last night, when all of a sudden I saw all these beautiful Christmas lights that he's got strung out along his back fence. It looked great. I jumped up in my seat with glee, but everyone else had apparently ooed and aahhed about an hour before when they were first switched on. I must've been in the garage playing with the cats at that stage of the night. Or else I'm simply not very observant...
But at the time I found them exciting. And unexpected. You've got to take your joy where you find it...
precious_1

6 comments:

Kin said...

Oh Oh Oh, was it the Axis Trilogy? I love those books. Come on, what did you think?

Frogdancer said...

It was the Axis ones.
Actually, I wasn't all that keen on the first one... the writing annoyed me sometimes. A bit too much telling and not showing, if you know what I mean. But it was a first novel, so I persevered, and I'm glad I did. The second book was better, and I really enjoyed romping through the third. Made me wish I had wings!

I've started the Wayfarer trilogy, and I've also borrowed the books set in an alternate medieval parallel universe. So my school holidays are going to be very knitty, quilty and Douglassy. Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I'll pretty much answer to anything (well as long as its not a bad profanity). ;) lol

Bettina aka precious

Kin said...

I wasn't as thrilled with the Wayfarer ones as the Axis ones. And I just said to Hubby recently actually that I get that her characters are all flawed (majorly!) but she doesn't need to keep TELLING us over and over again, she shows it well enough.

I haven't been able to get into her other books though.

Frogdancer said...

I'll let you know how I go with her others, Kin. At the moment I'm reading the one I've got to review for HarperCollins, so Caelum and his merry men are going to have to wait.
Glad I didn't offend you Bettina. Or do you prefer Precious? (It's just that my friend Widget has a cat called Precious, so I keep picturing you with green eyes and a black furry face. Not at all how you look in real life, I'm sure!)

Anonymous said...

No not how I look lol There's a pic of my on my old blogger blog ( http://dancestothebeetofherowndrum.blogspot.com/ )if you want to have a sticky. I must move it over to wordpress too soon.

I've had the nickname precious for years - was from an old msn chatroom name. You can imagine my delight when the LOTR movies came out and everyone starting going all gollum on me! Creepy. I'm still using it a bit, but am using Bettina more and more for my blogging related activities.